The Center for RNA Biomedicine publishes a weekly newsletter, the RNA Transcript.
To receive this newsletter, please become a member. Membership is free and gives you access to several services. You must be associated with the University of Michigan.
If you are not associated with the University of Michigan and would like email updates from the Center for RNA Biomedicine, please sign up here.
- Featured Scientist: Stephen Parker, Ph.D., Computational Medicine & Bioinformatics and Human Genetics
- Publication: Broad noncoding transcription suggests genome surveillance by RNA polymerase V, Masayuki Tsuzuki, Shriya Sethuraman, Adriana N. Coke, M. Hafiz Rothi, Alan P. Boyle, and Andrzej T. Wierzbicki, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, first published November 16, 2020; https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.2014419117
- Featured Scientist: Zhonggang Hou, Ph.D., Research investigator, Biological Chemistry, Medical School
- Publication: Classification and segmentation of single-molecule fluorescence time traces with deep learning, Jieming Li, Leyou Zhang, Alexander Johnson-Buck and Nils G. Walter, Nature Communications, (2020)11:5833, https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-020-19673-1
- Dr. DiFeo and Dr. Alumkal join the U-M Center for RNA Biomedicine (VIDEO)
- Rare disease collaboration receives NIH funding for a new Center for Fragile X disease. An interview with Dr. Peter Todd, M.D, Ph.D., Neurology, Medical School, University of Michigan (U-M), and member of the Executive Committee of the U-M Center for RNA Biomedicine
- Featured Scientist: Maria Castro, Ph.D., Professor, Neurosurgery and Cell & Developmental Biology, Medical School
- CRISPR in the Nobel spotlight – U-M researchers aim to improve CRISPR tools and use them to target cancerWorld CRISPR Day 2020, Tuesday, Oct. 20
- Featured Scientist: Patricia Wittkopp, Ph.D., Arthur F. Thurnau Professor and Sally L. Allen Collegiate Professor of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology and Molecular, Cellular & Developmental Biology, College of LSA
- Did you miss it? RNA Translated, our annual magazine is out!
- RNA Translated, our annual magazine and brief report is out!
- Featured Scientist: Sami Barmada, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor, Neurology, Medical School
- Our members’ promotions: four Associate Professors and one Professor!<
- Featured Scientist: Peter Freddolino, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Biological Chemistry, Medical School and Member of our Executive Committee
- “Stressed cellular proteins break social distancing rules,” a Molecular Cell publication
- Featured scientist: Amanda Garner, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy and Member of our Executive Committee
- S. Moon and N. Walter receive a “Collaborative Pairs Pilot Project” Award from the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
- Featured scientist: Sara Aton, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, College of LSA
- Running Grant Sprints
- Featured scientist: Sethu Pitchiaya, Ph.D., Pathology and Michigan Center for Translational Pathology, Medical School
- News: This fall, join our RNA Student & Postdoc Council!
- Featured scientist: Joshi J. Alumkal, M.D., Professor, Associate Division Chief for Basic Research, Hematology-Oncology Division; Section Head, Genitourinary Medical Oncology Section, Internal Medicine, Medical School
- News: RNA Skill Share
- Featured scientist: Alan Boyle, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics, and Human Genetics, Medical School
- Featured scientist: Analisa DiFeo, Ph.D, Assistant Professor, Pathology and Ob/Gyn, Medical School
- RNA Innovation Seminar with Kate Fitzgerald, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Featured scientist: Dan Peltier, M.D, Ph.D., Clinical Lecturer, Pediatric/Oncology
- Dr. Analisa DiFeo’s publication in Nature Communications: “miR-181a, a microRNA that regulates ovarian cancer cells”
- Featured Scientist: Dr. Vivian Cheung
- Sarah Keane, Ph.D., Biophysics and Dept of Chemistry, College of LSA, is named 2020 PEW Scholar.
Read her featured profile.
- Featured scientist: Peter Todd, M.D., Ph.D., Neurology, Medical School
- Featured scientist: Charles L. Brooks, Ph.D., Biophysics and Chemistry, College of LSA
- Featured scientist: Carlos Andres Aguilar, Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Maria G. Castro, Ph.D., and Deepak Nagrath, Ph.D., both members of our Center for RNA Biomedicine, are the 2020 Forbes Scholars
New section: Our member’s publication
- Two U-M Center for RNA Biomedicine members (Stephanie Moon, Ph.D., and Peter Freddolino, Ph.D, presented at the RNA Collaborative Seminar Series, May 6, 2020
- U-M researchers advance COVID19 antibody test production.
- Two RNA Biomedicine experts, Janet Smith, Ph.D. and Arul Chinnaiyan, M.D., Ph.D., are elected to the National Academy of Sciences
- Making patients resilient to COVID-19: Lessons to be learned from kidney single cell analysis
- Transposable elements play an important role in genetic expression and evolution – Publication in Nature Communications
- COVID-19 Funding opportunities
- Remdesivir Works against Coronaviruses in the Lab
- Moderna Charts Fast Track of SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine to Clinical Trials
- Thank you from MI DHHS
- How can U-M RNA labs help with Coronavirus pandemic?
- Seminars and Symposium