4th Annual 2019 RNA Symposium
Thank you to all of our brave poster presenters for sharing their research in a 30-second elevator pitch format.
L to R: Nils Walter, Mats Ljungman, Hannon Wright, Monika Franco, Ashley Kalinski, Megan Trotter, Adrien Chauvier
Elevator pitch competition winner: $100 Karan Bedi
Scientific Image winners:
1st Place: $300 Megan Trotter
2nd Place: $200 Leonard Cheung
3rd Place: $100 Ashley Kalinski
Presidential Biosciences Initiative grantee Nils Walter talks RNA research and curing disease. Full article: record.umich.edu/articles/professors-work-focuses-molecules-key-curing-diseases
The Center for RNA Biomedicine awarded Tier 1 Bioscience Initiative Funding
Save the Date: 4th Annual RNA Symposium – Friday, March 29, 2019
Keynote speakers :
Rachel Green, PhD, Johns Hopkins University
David Bartel, PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Howard Chang, PhD, Stanford University
Kristen Lynch, PhD, University of Pennsylvania
Alice Telesnitsky, PhD, University of Michigan
The Center for RNA Biomedicine Informational Video
The University of Michigan Center for RNA Biomedicine seeks to:
- Promote and develop cross-disciplinary collaborations on RNA across campus.
- Mentor the next generation of RNA biomedical scientists.
- Enrich the U-M’s intellectual and training environment around RNA biomedicine.
- Leverage and promote the strengths of the U-M RNA community, ranging from translational research to single cell and single molecule biophysics, and across RNA mediated diseases such as cancer, neurodegeneration and viral infection.
- Provide a central organizational structure to help recruit and develop common resources, including collaborative research grants and shared equipment, as well as domestic and international researchers.