Xiang Zhou, Ph.D.
Departments of Biostatistics
We develop statistical methods and computational tools for analyzing array based or sequencing based RNA studies. Example application areas include differential expression analysis, removing batch effects, controlling for individual relatedness or population stratification, single cell RNA sequencing studies.
Visit Lab Website
Follow on Twitter: @xzlab_org
- What are your research interests? Develop statistical and computational methods and software tools for analyzing bulk and single cell RNA sequencing studies.
- Who/what brought you to science? Exciting biological questions.
- What advice would you give to students who’d like to get more involved in research? Read, think, and code.
- Are there any opportunities for students to engage in your projects, currently or in the future? We always welcome motivated students to join our group or collaborate with us.
- What skills would they need, and what could they expect to learn? Either strong computational skills or excellent biological insights.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Computer science.