- Faculty Search: The Center for RNA Biomedicine, recently becoming a pioneering part of the $150M University of Michigan Biosciences Initiative, solicits applications for faculty positions at the assistant professor level. The faculty positions will be on the tenure track with university year appointments starting Sep. 1, 2020, or Jan. 1, 2021. (Click here to view full advertisement.) Deadline for review of complete applications is September 15, 2019.
- UM Med School Postdoc Recruitment event: The University of Michigan Medical School will host its next postdoctoral recruitment event October 10-11, 2019. We kindly ask that you explore Postdoc Preview and share this information with trainees, colleagues and departments from around the U.S. that are especially strong in your field. Postdoc Preview introduces upper-level graduate students in the biomedical sciences to the excellent research and training opportunities here at Michigan. During a fully-funded visit, recruits interview with two or more prospective mentors, learn about our NIH-funded training programs, and network with current postdocs (tentative schedule here). Applicants are selected from a national pool of highly qualified individuals who expect to complete their thesis research over the course of the next year and be U.S. citizens or permanent residents or be currently enrolled in a U.S. graduate institution. Our office sponsors and manages the logistics of their visit. Applications for the event can be found at https://postdocpreview.smapply.io/. Deadline: August 5, 2019. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
- Faculty search: Assistant Professor-Tenure Track, Biochemistry & Molecular Biophysics, Columbia University. The department seeks individuals with exceptional accomplishments and abilities in Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics. Areas of particular interest are RNA Biology, Chromosome Structure and Function, and Computational Structural Biology, but exceptional candidates in other areas are strongly encouraged to apply. (Click here to view full advertisement.) Applicants should provide a summary of their scientific accomplishments and a description of their scientific vision, emphasizing one or more major unsolved problems in their field and how they plan to solve them (no more than three pages). Consideration of completed applications will begin in November, 2018 and continue until the positions are filled.
- Faculty search: UW-Madison has multiple faculty searches open structural biology (NMR, cryo-EM), RNA and virology. Initial deadline for review of complete applications is December 1, 2018.
- Faculty search: Assistant Professor Position in Chemistry & Biochemistry, Arizona State University, This is a broad search targeting all areas in chemistry and biochemistry. However, one important area of interest is in the expanding role of RNA in structure, function and regulation of living systems. (Click here to view full advertisement.) Applicants should also arrange for three letters of recommendation to be uploaded. To apply, submit the required materials as a single PDF document via the employment application
portal at https://sms.asu.edu/about/employment‐opportunities. Initial deadline for review of complete applications is Wednesday, October 31st, 2018.
- Faculty search: Assistant Professor Position in Biophysics, Purdue University, Focus in Infectious Diseases/Inflammation/Immunology (Click here to view full advertisement.) Applicants should also arrange for three letters of recommendation to be uploaded. Applications will be reviewed beginning October 15, 2018, and will remain in consideration until the position is filled.
- SomaGenics has an immediate post-doc opening to work on an NIH-funded project to develop innovative technologies for next generation sequencing. An attractive feature, besides the opportunity to work in a semi-academic atmosphere with excellent scientists in beautiful Santa Cruz, is the possibility of the successful candidate later transitioning into a regular staff scientist position. Please note the email address to respond is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty search: Chair and Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine (Click here to view full advertisement.) Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a letter of interest addressing research, educational, administrative and leadership goals to: Stanton L Gerson, M.D, Biochemistry Chair Search Committee, c/o Tracy Rehl (email@example.com).
- The Center for RNA Science and Therapeutics at Case Western Reserve University is recruiting new faculty. Please submit application materials by October 1, 2018, as single PDF file to Jeff Coller. Click here for advertisement.
- Sixfold Bioscience is hiring 2-3 PhDs/Post-docs and looking for scientific collaborators in the RNA space. Sixfold Bioscience is a London based startup that engineers nucleic acid scaffolds for the delivery of mRNA and CRISPR components. The potential implications of delivering these molecules to specific cells will have far-reaching implications for the treatment of genetic diseases and disorders such as cancer. Founded by researchers from the University of Cambridge and Francis Crick Institute, Sixfold is an award-winning biotech backed by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley, including Y Combinator. They are currently hiring scientists with expertise in RNA/DNA synthesis, mRNA, and computational modelling of nucleic acids to join their team. If this resonates with you, their open positions can be seen here: https://www.sixfold.bio/careers (flyer)
- NCI Tenure Track/Tenure Eligible Investigator (RNA Biology) – online application will begin on November 2, 2017.
- The Department of Chemistry at Case Western Reserve University has been approved to search for an RNA Chemist tenure track faculty position. To be considered, a letter of application, CV, and a summary of research plans should be sent by email c/o Suzi Mason (firstname.lastname@example.org) before November 10, 2017. Click here for Advertisement
- The Chemical Genomics Centre (CGC) is advertising for three new positions for the next 5-year period. One of the topics looking to address and for which they are looking is for top people with a very strong proposal in nucleic acid-small molecule interactions. Applications due to Debora Bruzzese, e-mail: email@example.com, before November 10th, 2017. Click here for advertisement
- Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics at Columbia has openings for TENURE-TRACK faculty positions at the level of assistant professor. The department seeks individuals with exceptional accomplishments and abilities in the broad areas of RNA and chromosome biology. Completed applications, including the research statement, curriculum vitae, PDF copies or links for three reprints, and contact information for three references must be submitted online via the following website: academicjobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=64947 Click here for advertisement ~~ Additionally, a postdoctoral positions available Click here for advertisement