U1 Bio is building the first inherently safe and broadly-applicable RNA editing platform. Our company is based on the idea that repurposing existing cellular machinery is the safest and most effective way to treat human disease. If successful, we will build a therapeutic platform that can be used to halt or reverse the progression of tens of human diseases.
We are looking for ambitious and talented individuals to join our core team. Success in this position will mean making central contributions to the creation of new human therapeutics. As an early-stage company, applicants should be interested in growing with the company by expanding their scientific and professional abilities.
Our founders are experienced entrepreneurs and scientists whose experience includes building therapeutic technology platforms, running clinical trials, and raising tens of millions of dollars in venture capital funding. We plan to rapidly expand U1 Bio to a range of therapeutic programs and are looking for scientists interested in building this technology platform with us.
Platform Research and Development – RNA editing and gene therapy. U1 Bio’s platform technology can be used, in principle, to treat the majority of human genetic diseases. As a platform-focused Sr. Scientist, your role will be to combine basic understanding of RNA biology, advances in screening technology, and detailed understanding of genetic disease molecular pathology to motivate data-driven identification of candidate therapeutics. This role will also be closely involved in identifying the basic biological principles that govern the activity of our therapeutic platform to support design of increasingly effective iterations of the technology.
How You Will Contribute
In the role of Sr. Scientist you will create a scientific strategy by developing an in-depth understanding of U1 Bio’s platform and workflows. You will be responsible for optimizing current platform capabilities as well as identifying new capabilities and indication areas. This is a highly collaborative position in which you will coordinate execution of strategy by integrating across the many disciplines represented within U1 Bio, from molecular biology to disease biology, high-throughput sequencing, and pooled screening.
- Draw from knowledge in RNA processing to design and evaluate potential human therapeutics
- Develop and refine assays to compare therapeutic efficiencies in both individual and pooled formats
- Conduct cellular assays (tissue culture) in a variety of human disease models
- Interpret varied readouts of therapeutic efficiencies including fluorescent and luminescent reporters, high-throughput RNA sequencing
- Construct and workup pooled DNA variant libraries
- Work with a range of cell biology tools
- Develop workflows involving high-throughput sequencing to compare on- and off-target activities in the transcriptome
- Build translational validation assays relevant to therapeutic focus areas
- Design and manage animal studies conducted at other organizations
- Collaborate with a diverse team of wet-lab and computational scientists
Who you are
- Trusted partner
- Team oriented
- Thoughtful & detail oriented
- Appreciate opportunities at the intersections of RNA biology and gene therapy
- PhD in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or a related field
- Strong track record leading cross-functional and inter-disciplinary projects
- 3+ years in RNA biology or 5+ years in molecular biology
- Expertise in molecular biology, mammalian tissues and disease models
- 5+ years hands-on wet lab experience
- Expert level knowledge in RNA processing
- 2+ years post PhD experience
- Hands on experience in pooled screening methods
- Experience in RNA biochemistry
- Mentoring and managing experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please email your application to Kostascharizanis@u1bio.com