Collaborative Pilot / Feasibility Grant Program
Call for Proposals: Funding is available for (up to) 4 pilot projects–
- 2 projects @ $100,000 each – one year of funding
- 2 projects @ $50,000 each – one year of funding
- Funding is available to support four pilot projects: two projects focused on RNA in cancer at up to $100,000 for each project (thanks to a substantial contribution from the Cancer Center), one project on RNA in protein misfolding at up to $50,000 (thanks to co-funding by the PFDI), and one project on an open RNA topic at up to $50,000.
- Each project must include two PIs affiliated with the CRB (at the time of application) who propose a new collaboration (on which they have had no previous publication or grant).
- Three-page proposal (including figures). The proposal should follow the general format of NIH R03 applications and must include the following elements:
- Grant Category (cancer, protein misfolding, open)
- Specific Aims
- Plan for collaboration
- Experimental Approach
- Supporting materials not included in three-page limit
- Short Project Narrative as for NIH grants
- NIH biosketches for both PIs
- Single paragraph describing how pilot funds will help future research/career plans of applicants
- Budget and justification including explanation of overlap with existing funding. No PI salary.
- Protection of Human and/or Animal subjects (as applicable)
Submit a single PDF of the entire proposal to Martina Jerant (firstname.lastname@example.org) by midnight December 15, 2016. Proposals will be reviewed by the CRB Executive Committee with assistance as appropriate, anticipating speedy funding decisions for a February 1, 2017 start date.
Responsibility of Funded Investigators
Pilot Grant Awardees are required to submit a final 1-page progress report at the end of the grant year, and must commit to present at the March 2018 Center for RNA Biomedicine Annual Symposium.